MEDICAL OFFICE BUILDING RULES AND REGULATIONS LEASE EXHIBIT
EXHIBIT [INSERT APPLICABLE LETTER]
RULES AND REGULATIONS
MEDICAL OFFICE BUILDING
1. The sidewalks, and public portions of the Building, such as entrances, passages, lobbies, courts, elevators, vestibules, stairways, corridors or halls, and the street, alleys or way surrounding or in the vicinity of the Building shall not be obstructed, even temporarily, or encumbered by the Tenant or used for any purpose other than ingress and egress to and from the Premises.
2. No awnings or other projections shall be attached to the outside walls of the Building. No curtains, blinds, shades, louvered openings, tinted coating, film or screens shall be attached to or hung in, or used in connection with, any window, glass surface or door of the Premises, without the prior written consent of Landlord, unless installed by Landlord.
3. No sign, advertisement, decorating, notice or other lettering or other thing of any kind shall be exhibited, inscribed, painted or affixed by Tenant on any part of the outside of the Premises or Building or on corridor walls or windows or other glass surfaces (including without limitation glass storefronts). Signs on entrance door or doors shall conform to building standard signs, samples of which will be displayed by Landlord on request. Signs on doors shall, at Tenant's expense, be inscribed, painted or affixed for each tenant by sign makers approved by Landlord. In the event of the violation of the foregoing by Tenant, Landlord may remove same without any liability, and may charge the expense incurred by such removal to Tenant.
4. The sashes, sash doors, skylights, windows, heating, ventilating and air conditioning vents and doors that reflect or admit light and air into the halls, passageways or other public places in the Building shall not be covered or obstructed by Tenant, nor shall any bottles, parcels, or other articles be placed on the window sills.
5. No show cases, specimen containers, waste containers, or other articles shall be put in front of or affixed to any part of the exterior of the Building, nor placed in the public halls, corridors, or vestibules without the prior written consent of Landlord.
6. The water closets and wash basins and other plumbing fixtures shall not be used for any purposes other than those for which they were constructed, and no sweepings, rubbish, rags, or other substances shall be thrown therein. All damages resulting from any misuse of the fixtures shall be borne by Tenant.
7. Tenant shall not in any way deface any part of the Premises or the Building.
8. No bicycles, vehicles, or animals of any kind shall be brought into or kept in or about the Premises. No cooking shall be done or permitted by Tenant on the premises except in conformity to law and then only in the utility kitchen, if any, as set forth in Tenant's layout, which is to be primarily used by Tenant's employees for heating beverages and light snacks. Tenant shall not cause or permit any unusual or objectionable odors to be produced upon or permeate from the Premises.
9. No space in the Building shall be used for manufacturing, distribution, or for the storage of merchandise or for the sale of merchandise, goods, or property of any kind at auction.
10. Tenant shall not make, or permit to be made, any unseemly or disturbing noises or disturb or interfere with occupants of the building or neighboring buildings or premises or those having business with them, whether by the use of any machinery or equipment, musical instruments, radio, talking machine, unmusical noise, whistling, singing, or in any other way. Tenant shall not throw anything out of the doors, windows or skylights or down the passageways. Tenant shall not cause or permit any unseemly or disturbing activity or conduct to be visible through any window, opening, doorway, or other glass surface or any other means of visibility that disturbs or interferes with (i) tenants or other occupants of the building or of their licensees or invitees or (ii) neighboring buildings or premises or those having business with them, including without limitation receptions, parties, recreation and other activities of a social nature.
11. Neither Tenant, nor any of Tenant's servants, employees, agents, visitors, or licensees, shall at any time bring or keep upon the Premises any inflammable, combustible or explosive fluid, or chemical substance, other than reasonable amounts of cleaning fluids or solvents required in the normal operation of Tenant's business offices.
12. No additional locks or bolts of any kind shall be placed upon any of the doors or windows by Tenant, nor shall any changes be made in existing locks or the mechanism thereof, without the prior written approval of Landlord and unless and until a duplicate key is delivered to Landlord. Tenant shall, upon the termination of its tenancy, restore to Landlord all keys of stores, offices and toilet rooms, either furnished to, or otherwise procured by, Tenant, and in the event of the loss of any keys so furnished. Tenant shall pay to Landlord the cost thereof.
13. Tenant shall not overload any floor. Tenant shall obtain Landlord's consent before bringing any safes, freight, furniture, or bulky articles into the Building and Landlord can specify to Tenant the location for the placement of such articles. All removals, or the carrying out of any safes, freight, furniture, or bulky matter of any description must take place during the hours which Landlord or its agent may determine from time to time. Landlord reserves the right to inspect all freight to be brought into the Building and to exclude from the Building all freight which violates any of these Rules and Regulations or the Lease of which these Rules and Regulations are a part.
14. Landlord shall have the right to prohibit any advertising by Tenant which, in Landlord's opinion, tends to impair the reputation of the Building or its desirability as a building for offices, and upon written notice from Landlord, Tenant shall refrain from or discontinue such advertising.
15. Landlord reserves the right to exclude all persons from the Building between the hours of 6:00 p.m. and 7:00 a.m. and at all hours on Sundays, legal holidays and after 1:00 p.m. on Saturdays. Landlord shall in no case be liable for damages for any error with regard to the admission to or exclusion from the Building of any person. In the case of invasion, mob, riot, public excitement or other circumstances rendering such action advisable in the Landlord's opinion, Landlord reserves the right to prevent access to the Building during the continuance of the same by such action as Landlord may deem appropriate, including closing doors.
16. The Premises shall not be used for lodging or sleeping or for any immoral or illegal purpose or for any other activity not appropriate, in Landlord's sole discretion, to an office building of the quality and stature of the Building.
17. The requirements of Tenant will be attended to only upon application at the office of the Building. Building employees shall not perform any work or do anything outside their regular duties, unless under special instructions from the office of Landlord.
18. Canvassing, soliciting, and peddling in the Building are prohibited and Tenant shall cooperate to prevent the same.
19. There shall not be used in any space, or in the public halls of any building, either by Tenant or by its jobbers or others, in the delivery or receipt of merchandise, any hand trucks, except those equipped with rubber tires and side guards. All deliveries shall be via the elevator designated for such activities by Landlord.
20. Tenant, in order to obtain maximum effectiveness of the cooling system, shall lower and/or close blinds or drapes when sun's rays fall directly on windows of Premises. Tenant shall not remove the standard blinds installed in the Premises.
21. All paneling, rounds or other wood products not considered furniture shall be of fire retardant materials. Before installation of any such materials, certification of the materials' fire retardant characteristics shall be submitted to Landlord or its agents in a manner satisfactory to Landlord.
22. Tenant shall not install any vending machines in the Building or Premises without Landlord's consent.
23. Neither Tenant, nor any of Tenant's servants, employees, agents, visitors, patients, invitees, or licensees, shall at any time light, use or smoke cigarettes, cigars, pipes, or other tobacco products in or about the public portion of the Building, including, without limitation, parking areas, entrances, passages, walkways, restrooms, lobbies, courts, elevators, vestibules, stairways, corridors and halls. Landlord may take all appropriate steps to enforce such "no smoking" policy, including the posting of no smoking signs, demanding that persons who violate the "no smoking" policy cease and desist from such violation and removing violators from the Building. Landlord shall in no case be liable for damages in enforcing the "no smoking" policy. Landlord agrees to make reasonable efforts to enforce the "no smoking" policy; however, Landlord shall not be liable, and Tenant shall not be relieved from its obligations hereunder, for any violation of the "no smoking" policy established in this rule, whether caused by another tenant or tenants of Landlord or by other persons.