BUSINESS PARK RULES AND REGULATIONS LEASE EXHIBIT
EXHIBIT [INSERT APPLICABLE LETTER]
________ BUSINESS PARK
RULES AND REGULATIONS
Tenant shall faithfully observe and comply with the following Rules and Regulations. Landlord shall not be responsible to Tenant for the nonperformance of any of said Rules and Regulations by or otherwise with respect to the acts or omissions of any other tenants or occupants of the Project. In the event of any conflict between the Rules and Regulations and the other provisions of this Lease, the latter shall control.
1. Tenant shall not alter any lock or install any new or additional locks or bolts on any doors or windows of the Premises without obtaining Landlord's prior written consent, not to be unreasonably withheld. Tenant shall bear the cost of any lock changes or repairs required by Tenant. Ten (10) keys will be furnished by Landlord for the Premises, and any additional keys required by Tenant must be obtained from Landlord at a reasonable cost to be established by Landlord. Upon the termination of this Lease, Tenant shall restore to Landlord all keys of stores, offices, and toilet rooms, either furnished to, or otherwise procured by, Tenant and in the event of the loss of keys so furnished, Tenant shall pay to Landlord the cost of replacing same or of changing the lock or locks opened by such lost key if Landlord shall deem it necessary to make such changes. Landlord shall re-key the locks on the entrance doors to the Premises, at its sole cost and expense, prior to Tenant's occupancy but following completion of Tenant Improvements in the Premises.
2. All doors opening to public corridors shall be kept closed at all times except for normal ingress and egress to the Premises.
3. Landlord reserves the right to close and keep locked all entrance and exit doors of the Building during such hours as are customary for comparable buildings in the South ________ County, ____________ area. Tenant, its employees and agents must be sure that the doors to the Building are securely closed and locked when leaving the Premises if it is after the normal hours of business for the Building. Any tenant, its employees, agents or any other persons entering or leaving the Building at any time when it is so locked, or any time when it is considered to be after normal business hours for the Building, may be required to sign the Building register. Access to the Building may be refused unless the person seeking access has proper identification or has a previously arranged pass for access to the Building. Landlord will furnish passes to persons for whom Tenant requests same in writing. Tenant shall be responsible for all persons for whom Tenant requests passes and shall be liable to Landlord for all acts of such persons. The Landlord and his agents shall in no case be liable for damages for any error with regard to the admission to or exclusion from the Building of any person. In case of invasion, mob, riot, public excitement, or other commotion, Landlord reserves the right to prevent access to the Building or the Project during the continuance thereof by any means it deems appropriate for the safety and protection of life and property.
4. No furniture, freight or equipment of any kind shall be brought into the Building without prior notice to Landlord. All moving activity into or out of the Building shall be scheduled with Landlord and done only at such time and in such manner as Landlord reasonably designates. Landlord shall have the right to prescribe the weight, size and position of all safes and other heavy property brought into the Building and also the times and manner of moving the same in and out of the Building. Safes and other heavy objects shall, if considered necessary by Landlord, stand on supports of such thickness as is necessary to properly distribute the weight. Landlord will not be responsible for loss of or damage to any such safe or property in any case. Any damage to any part of the Building, its contents, occupants or visitors by moving or maintaining any such safe or other property shall be the sole responsibility and expense of Tenant.
5. No furniture, packages, supplies, equipment or merchandise will be received in the Building or carried up or down in the elevators, except between such hours, in such specific elevator and by such personnel as shall be reasonably designated by Landlord.
6. The requirements of Tenant will be attended to only upon application of Landlord's property manager. Employees of Landlord shall not perform any work or do anything outside their regular duties unless under special instructions from Landlord.
7. No sign, advertisement, notice or handbill shall be exhibited, distributed, painted or affixed by Tenant on any part of the Premises or the Building without the prior written , consent of the Landlord. Tenant shall not disturb, solicit, peddle, or canvass any occupant of the Project and shall cooperate with Landlord and its agents of Landlord to prevent same.
8. The toilet rooms, urinals, wash bowls and other apparatus shall not be used for any purpose other than that for which they were constructed, and no foreign substance of any kind whatsoever shall be thrown therein. The expense of any breakage, stoppage or damage resulting from the violation of this rule shall be borne by the tenant who, or whose servants, employees, agents, visitors or licensees shall have caused same. `
9. Tenant shall not overload the floor of the Premises, nor mark, drive nails or screws, or drill into the partitions, woodwork or drywall (except in connection with installing its fixtures and equipment and office furniture) or in any way deface the Premises or any part thereof without Landlord's prior written consent.
10. Except for vending machines intended for the sole use of Tenant's employees and invitees, no vending machine or machines other than fractional horsepower office machines shall be installed, maintained or operated upon the Premises without the written consent of Landlord.
11. Tenant shall not use or keep in or on the Premises, the Building, or the Project any kerosene, gasoline, explosive material, corrosive material, material capable of emitting toxic fumes, or other inflammable or combustible fluid chemical, substitute or material.
12. Tenant shall not without the prior written consent of Landlord use any method of heating or air conditioning other than that supplied by Landlord.
13. Tenant shall not use, keep or permit to be used or kept, any foul or noxious gas or substance in or on the Premises, or permit or allow the Premises to be occupied or used in a manner offensive or objectionable to Landlord or other occupants of the Project by reason of noise, odors, or vibrations, or interfere with other tenants or those having business therein, whether by the use of any musical instrument, radio, phonograph, or in any other way. Tenant shall not throw anything out of doors, windows or skylights or down passageways.
14. Tenant shall not bring into or keep within the Project, the Building or the Premises any animals, birds, aquariums, or, except in areas designated by Landlord, bicycles or other vehicles.
15. No cooking shall be done or permitted on the Premises, nor shall the Premises be used for the storage of merchandise, for lodging or for any improper, objectionable or immoral purposes. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Underwriters' Laboratory approved equipment and microwave ovens may be used in the Premises for heating food and brewing coffee, tea, hot chocolate and similar beverages for employees and visitors, provided that such use is in accordance with all applicable federal, state, county and city laws, codes, ordinances, rules and regulations.
16. The Premises shall not be used for manufacturing or for the storage of merchandise except as such storage may be incidental to the use of the Premises provided for in the Summary. Tenant shall not occupy or permit any portion of the Premises to be occupied as an office for a messenger type operation or dispatch office, public stenographer or typist, or for the manufacture or sale of liquor, narcotics, or tobacco in any form, or as a medical office, or as a barber or manicure shop, or as an employment bureau without the express prior written consent of Landlord. Tenant shall not engage or pay any employees on the Premises except those actually working for such tenant on the Premises nor advertise for laborers giving an address at the Premises.
17. Landlord reserves the right to exclude or expel from the Project. any person who, in the judgment of Landlord, is intoxicated or under the influence of liquor or drugs, or who shall in any manner do any act in violation of any of these Rules and Regulations.
18. Tenant, its employees and agents shall not loiter in or on the entrances, corridors, sidewalks, lobbies, courts, halls, stairways, elevators, vestibules or any Common Areas for the purpose of smoking tobacco products or for any other purpose, nor in any way obstruct such areas, and shall use them only as a means of ingress and egress for the Premises.
19. Tenant shall not waste electricity, water or air conditioning and agrees to cooperate fully with Landlord to ensure the most effective operation of the Building's heating and air conditioning system, and shall refrain from attempting to adjust any controls. Tenant shall participate in recycling programs undertaken by Landlord.
20. Tenant shall store all its trash and garbage within the interior of the Premises. No material shall be placed in the trash boxes or receptacles if such material is of such nature that it may not be disposed of in the ordinary and customary manner of removing and disposing of trash and garbage in ________, ____________ without violation of any law or ordinance governing such disposal. All trash, garbage and refuse disposal shall be made only through entryways and elevators provided for such purposes at such times as Landlord shall reasonably designate. If the Premises is or becomes infested with vermin as a result of the use or any misuse or neglect of the Premises by Tenant, its agents, servants, employees, contractors, visitors or licensees, Tenant shall forthwith, at Tenant's expense, cause the Premises to be exterminated from time to time to the satisfaction of Landlord and shall employ such licensed exterminators as shall be approved in writing in advance by Landlord.
21. Tenant shall comply with all safety, fire protection and evacuation procedures and regulations established by Landlord or any governmental agency.
22. Any persons employed by Tenant to do janitorial work shall be subject to the prior written approval of Landlord, and while in the Building and outside of the Premises, shall be subject to and under the control and direction of the Building manager (but not as an agent or servant of such manager or of Landlord), and Tenant shall be responsible for all acts of such persons.
23. No awnings or other projection shall be attached to the outside walls of the Building without the prior written consent of Landlord, and no curtains, blinds, shades or screens shall be attached to or hung in, or used in connection with, any window or door of the Premises other than Landlord standard drapes, unless otherwise reasonably approved by Landlord. All electrical ceiling fixtures hung in the Premises or spaces along the perimeter of the Building must be fluorescent and/or of a quality, type, design and a warm white bulb color approved in advance in writing by Landlord. Neither the interior nor exterior of any windows shall be coated or otherwise sunscreened without the prior written consent of Landlord. Tenant shall be responsible for any damage to the window film on the exterior windows of the Premises and shall promptly repair any such damage at Tenant's sole cost and expense. Prior to leaving the Premises for the day, Tenant shall draw or lower window coverings and extinguish all lights. Tenant shall abide by Landlord's regulations concerning the opening and closing of window coverings which are attached to the windows in the Premises, if any, which have a view of any interior portion of the Building or the Common Areas.
24. The sashes, sash doors, skylights, windows, and doors that reflect or admit light and air into the halls, passageways or other public places in the Building shall not be covered or obstructed by Tenant, nor shall any bottles, parcels or other articles be placed on the windowsills.
25. Tenant must comply with requests by the Landlord concerning the informing of their employees of items of importance to the Landlord.
26. Tenant hereby acknowledges that Landlord shall have no obligation to provide guard service or other security measures for the benefit of the Premises, the Building or the Project. Tenant hereby assumes all responsibility for the protection of Tenant and its agents, employees, contractors, invitees and guests, and the property thereof, from acts of third parties, including keeping doors locked and other means of entry to the Premises closed, whether or not Landlord, at its option, elects to provide security protection for the Project or any portion thereof. Tenant further assumes the risk that any safety and security devices, services and programs which Landlord elects, in its sole discretion, to provide-may not be effective, or may malfunction or be circumvented by an unauthorized third p'4rty, and Tenant shall, in addition to its other insurance obligations under this Lease, obtain its own insurance coverage to the extent Tenant desires protection against losses related to such occurrences. Tenant shall cooperate in any reasonable safety or security program developed by Landlord or required by law.
27. All office equipment of any electrical or mechanical nature shall be placed by Tenant in the Premises in settings approved by Landlord, to absorb or prevent any vibration, noise and annoyance.
28. Tenant shall not use in any space or in the public halls of the Building, any hand trucks except those equipped with rubber tires and rubber side guards.
29. No auction, liquidation, fire sale, going-out-of-business or bankruptcy sale shall be conducted in the Premises without the prior written consent of Landlord.
Landlord reserves the right at any time to change or rescind anyone or more of these Rules and Regulations, or to make such other and further reasonable Rules and Regulations as in Landlord's judgment may from time to time be necessary for the management, safety, care and cleanliness of the Premises, Building, the Common Areas and the Project, and for the preservation of good order therein, as well as for the convenience of other occupants and tenants therein, and shall provide Tenant with written notice of all such changes. Landlord may waive anyone or more of these Rules and Regulations for the benefit of any particular tenants, but no such waiver by Landlord shall be construed as a waiver of such Rules and Regulations in favor of any other tenant, nor prevent Landlord from thereafter enforcing any such Rules or Regulations against any or all tenants of the Project. Tenant shall be deemed to have read these Rules and Regulations and to have agreed to abide by them as a condition of its occupancy of the Premises.