RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR SHOPPING CENTER LEASE EXHIBIT
EXHIBIT [INSERT APPLICABLE LETTER]
RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR SHOPPING CENTER
1. The sidewalks, walks, plaza entries, corridors, malls, concourses, ramps, and other Common Areas of the Shopping Center shall not be obstructed or used by Tenant for any purpose other than ingress and egress to and from the Demised Premises.
2. All deliveries or shipments of any kind to and from the Demised Premises, including loading and unloading of goods, shall be made only by way of the rear of the Demised Premises or at any such reasonable location designated by Landlord, and only at such reasonable times designated for such purpose by Landlord. Trailers and/or trucks servicing the Demised Premises shall remain parked in the Shopping Center only during those periods reasonably necessary to service Tenant's operations, and then only in locations designated by Landlord.
3. Tenant shall not install any resilient tile or similar floor covering in the Demised Premises except with prior approval of the Landlord. The use of cement or other similar adhesive material is expressly prohibited.
4. No additional locks or bolts of any kind shall be placed on any door in the Shopping Center or the Demised Premises and no lock on any door therein shall be changed or altered in any respect without the prior written consent of Landlord not to be unreasonably withheld. Landlord shall furnish two keys for each lock on exterior doors to the Demised Premises and shall, on Tenant's request and at Tenant's expense, provide additional duplicate keys. All keys shall be returned to Landlord upon the termination of this Lease and Tenant shall give to Landlord the explanations of the combinations of all safes, vaults and combination locks remaining with the Demised Premises. Landlord may at all times keep a pass key to the Demised Premises. All entrance doors to the Demised Premises shall be left closed at all times and left locked when the Demised Premises are not in use.
5. Tenant shall not place a load upon any floor of the Demised Premises which exceeds the load per square foot which such floor was designed to carry and which is allowed by law. Mechanical and electrical equipment belonging to Tenant which cause noise, vibration, electrical or magnetic interference, or any other nuisance that may be transmitted to the structure or other portions of the Shopping Center or to the Demised Premises to such a degree as to be objectionable to Landlord or which interfere with the use or enjoyment by other tenants of their premises or the public portions of the Shopping Center shall be placed and maintained by Tenant, at Tenant's expense, in settings of cork, rubber, spring type, or other vibration eliminators sufficient to eliminate the noise or vibration.
6. The toilet rooms, urinals, wash bowls and other apparatus shall not be used for any purpose other than for which they were constructed and no foreign substance of any kind whatsoever shall be thrown therein, and the expense of any breakage, stoppage, or damage resulting from the violation of this rule shall be borne by Tenant.
7. Initial move-in refuse from inventory, including but not limited to packing crates, shall be removed at Tenant's sole cost and expense. Any wet trash, including but not limited to food debris, is to be placed in plastic bags and tied before being placed in trash containers. All boxes are to be broken down before being placed inside the containers. Sidewalk containers are not for personal use. Tenant, or the employees of Tenant shall not at any time place, leave or discard any rubbish, paper, articles or objects of any kind whatsoever outside the doors of the Demised Premises or in the corridors or walks of the Center. In the event any item is left at the rear of the Demised Premises or at the base of a refuse container and it can be determined to which tenant it belongs, Landlord has the right to charge that tenant the cost to have it removed. Unless a container is marked by a tenant paying individually and separately for trash collection, containers are for all Shopping Center tenants and do not belong to any one tenant. The exterior areas immediately adjoining the Demised Premises shall be kept clean and free from dirt and rubbish by Tenant and its employees, and Tenant shall not place or permit any obstructions or merchandise in such areas. No debris shall be swept or removed from the Demised Premises onto sidewalks or other Common Areas.
8. All services requests are to be reported promptly and directly to Landlord's designated agent during normal office hours, excepting emergencies which shall be reported as soon as practicable.
9. Tenant shall not place, or cause or allow to be placed, any signs, placards, banners, flags, pictures, advertisements, notices or lettering whatsoever, in, about or on the exterior of the Demised Premises or Shopping Center except in and at such places as may be consented to by Landlord in writing or as allowed by the Signage Criteria for the Shopping Center promulgated by Landlord from time to time. Any such signs, placard, advertisement, picture, notice or lettering so placed may be removed by Landlord without notice to and at the expense of Tenant. All lettering and graphics on doors shall conform to the Signage Criteria.
10. No awnings, draperies, shutters or other interior or exterior window coverings that are visible from the exterior of the Demised Premises may be installed by Tenant without Landlord's prior written consent.
11. Landlord shall have the right to prohibit any advertising by Tenant which, in Landlord's opinion, tends to impair the reputation of the Shopping Center or its desirability for retail use and, upon written notice from Landlord, Tenant will refrain from or discontinue such advertising.
12. Tenant shall not bring or permit to be brought or kept in or on the Demised Premises or the Shopping Center any inflammable, combustible, corrosive, caustic, poisonous, explosive or hazardous substance (except for cleaning solutions customarily used in Tenant's business, and provided that Tenant only maintains on the Demised Premises quantities necessary for such use and Tenant complies with all applicable laws governing the use, storage and disposal thereof) or cause or permit any odors to permeate in or emanate from the Demised Premises, or permit or suffer the Demised Premises to be occupied or used in a manner offensive or objectionable to Landlord or other occupants of the Shopping Center by reason of light, radiation, magnetism, noise, odors and/or vibrations, or interfere in any way with other tenants or those having business in the Shopping Center.
13. Canvassing, soliciting or peddling in the Shopping Center is prohibited and Tenant shall cooperate to prevent same.
14. Tenant shall give, as soon as practicable, notice to Landlord in case of theft, unauthorized solicitation or accident in the Demised Premises or in the Shopping Center or of defects therein or defects in any fixtures or equipment, or of any known emergency in the Shopping Center.
15. Landlord reserves the right to deny entrance to the Shopping Center or remove any person or persons from the Shopping Center in any case where the conduct of such person involves a hazard or nuisance to any tenant of the Shopping Center or to the public or in the event of fire or other emergency, riot, civil commotion or similar disturbance involving risk to the Shopping Center, tenants or the general public.
16. No portion of the Demised Premises shall at any time be used or occupied as sleeping or lodging quarters. No animals or birds, with the exception of guide dogs accompanying visually handicapped persons, shall be brought or kept in or about the Demised Premises. Unless otherwise expressly provided for in the Lease, Tenant shall not do any cooking on the Demised Premises. Tenant may, however, for the use of its employees, operate a coffee bar and allow the use of a microwave oven.
17. Tenant shall at all times keep the Demised Premises neat and orderly.
18. Tenant shall not use or permit any portion of the Demised Premises to be used for any use other than those specifically granted in the Lease.
19. Landlord shall have the right to designate and restrict the areas available within the Shopping Center for the parking of vehicles by Tenant, its employees, agents, visitors and invitees.
20. Tenant shall be responsible for the compliance with these rules and regulations by the employees, agents, customers and invitees of Tenant.
21. In the event of any conflict between the terms of these rules and regulations and the express provisions of Tenant's Lease, the express, applicable provisions of the Lease shall control.
22. Landlord reserves the right, without the approval of Tenant, to add new rules and regulations, and to waive, rescind, add to and amend any rules or regulations with respect to any tenant or tenants, as Landlord in its sole judgment shall from time to time find necessary or appropriate in order to provide for the safety, protection, care and cleanliness of the Shopping Center, the operation thereof, the preservation of good order therein, and the protection and comfort of tenants and their employees, agents, customers and invitees, which rules and regulations, when made and written notice thereof is given to Tenant, shall be binding upon it in like manner as if originally herein prescribed, except to the extent such additional rules or regulations conflict with the express provisions of this Lease. The amendment or waiver by Landlord of any rules or regulations for the benefit of any particular tenant of the Shopping Center shall not be construed as a waiver of such rules and regulations in favor of this Tenant or any other tenant, nor prevent Landlord from thereafter enforcing any such rules and regulations against any or all of the tenants in the Shopping Center.
23. No Tenant shall perform construction, remodeling and/or renovation projects to its premises during the period from _____________ to _______________ of each year, without the prior written consent of Landlord.